Transportation Insurance in Kansas City, MO
If your business specializes in providing transportation, you may need specific types of insurance coverage to help protect your ability to generate profit.
Working with an experienced agent who understands your transportation company’s risks and exposures is essential. Contact Walnut Risk Management in Kansas City, Missouri, to start building a customized business insurance plan for your transportation company.
What Is Business Transportation Insurance?
Insurance for a transportation company can help protect your business from potential risks and financial losses. Transportation companies face unique risks, including accidents, cargo damage or theft, and third-party liability claims. These risks can lead to significant financial losses.
Your agent can help you customize your transportation company’s insurance policies and may recommend that you purchase the following coverage:
- General liability insurance may help protect your company against injury or property damage claims made by a third party.
- Commercial auto insurance may help cover damages to your company vehicles and liability claims if your drivers are at fault in an accident; it is required for companies that use vehicles to conduct normal business activities.
- Cargo insurance may help protect your business against losses or damages to the goods you’re transporting and may be required by a shipper.
- Property insurance may help cover damage to your company’s physical property, including your offices and inventory.
- Cyber risk liability insurance may help cover theft or loss of your customers’ sensitive data.
- Employment practices liability insurance may help cover the costs of a harassment claim brought against your company or one of your workers.
- Workers’ compensation insurance may help provide financial support and cover medical bills if one of your employees is injured or becomes ill in a work-related incident; this coverage is required for many Missouri and Kansas employers.
Who Needs Transportation Insurance?
Numerous business types may find that transportation insurance helps provide crucial protection from risks and perils common to the industry, including the following:
- Taxi and ride-sharing companies
How Much Is Transportation Insurance?
Your customized transportation insurance plan’s premiums may vary from other transportation companies. Each insurer sets their premiums based on numerous factors about your business and coverages, including the following:
Your agent can help you shop around for appropriate coverage at a great rate.
Contact Walnut Risk Management to learn more about the business insurance options for your transportation company.